My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, October 13, 2006

Why Bart Wrote The Lost Gospel of Judas :-)



I saw a post at Hypotyposeis recently ... OUPblog: Why I Wrote The Lost Gospel of Judas Iscariot. It was interesting not just for the info on Bart Ehrman and his book, but because it pointed me towards a blog, that of the Oxford University Press. Publishing house blogs can be informative ... I sometimes visit Insight Scoop, the blog for Ignatius Press - it's a little conservative for my taste, but that's not surprising for the Pope's publishers :-). Below is part of Stephen Carlson's post ...

***

The Oxford University Press blog has a piece by Bart Ehrman called, “Why I Wrote The Lost Gospel of Judas Iscariot” (Oct. 10, 2006) .... The OUP blog also has an interview called “A Few Questions for Bart Ehrman” (Oct. 9, 2006) .... fellow biblioblogger Rick Brannan has been blogging about this book too (Oct. 4, 2006).

***

Read more about the Gospel of Judas


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Help!

Crystal, you posted something on your blog, or left a comment on my blog, or maybe it was on a third person's blog about a certain Catholic hermeneutical rule: something about trying not to interpret scripture in a way that's going to harm people. You gave a link to a discussion of the topic, and the author used prejudice against Jews as an example. If you remember what I'm talking about, would you please re-link me to the topic?

Also, it's my birthday. You should vist my blog on my birthday. =)

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home