My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Luke 7:36-38


- Mary Magdalene by Frank Wesley

A Pharisee invited him to dine with him, and he entered the Pharisee's house and reclined at table. Now there was a sinful woman in the city who learned that he was at table in the house of the Pharisee. Bringing an alabaster flask of ointment, she stood behind him at his feet weeping and began to bathe his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them, and anointed them with the ointment.


5 Comments:

Blogger Rachi said...

(((Crystal)))

What a beautiful picture!
I love that reading- it really challenges me...

I have passed on a Nice matters award to you :)
I really do appreciate all your blogging efforts!

also, please keep Nick in your prayers (I'm sure you already are anyway)- he is really not doing great at the moment :(

hugs and Blessings to you
love Rachel xoxo

4:06 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Thanks, Rachel - about the niceness.

I'm sorry to hear about Nick. The last thing I heard from him was how much he appreciated being friends with you.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Rachi said...

yes- I wish I could be a better friend to him, be able to support him more...
lots of prayers needed

11:13 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Crystal,

Sorry to hear about your friend Nick. That's a great image. Is that supposed to be done in a style that's Japanese? Indian, maybe?

3:26 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Jeff,

Frank Wesley was from India, but did spend some time in Japan, so his style looks kind of like a little of both. Here's an article about him Australian E Journal of Theology

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home