My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Visio Divina


- It is Finished, 23" x 16.5". collagraph, 2005, by Sandra Bowden.

I've read a little about lectio divina, but for the first time I noticed something called visio divina at the Episcopal Cafe .... they have a great art blog. That made me look up the term and I came across an interesting Episcopalian site - Visio Divina ....

The practice of visio divina shares its origins with the long-practiced form of scripture reading known as lectio divina. As with lectio divina, visio divina nurtures the spiritual life through an intentional practice of reflection on scripture. With visio divina, visual art and scripture are considered together, supporting the practictioner through the reading of the Word, seeing with the eyes, listening with the heart, and responding in prayer.

For those interested in art and scripture, there's a different page I often visit - Art Index By Scripture - New Testament There you can find the scriptural passage you're interested in, click on it, and get a page of links to artworks representing that passage.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home