My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

He loved us enough to live for us



I'm still listening to that Creighton U Lenten audio retreat with Fr. Larry Gillick SJ. The one I heard today, the twelfth conference, made an interesting point. I wrote that bit down while I was listening - think I got it all right ....

*************

For [the gospel of] John, the glory of God is Christ being fully who he really is. I'll unpack that a little bit. One of the problems there is about art and especially recent movies about the passion of Jesus is that it specifies that Jesus loved the Earth, loved us, from the cross. Loved us enough to die for us. No. He loved us enough to live for us. It's his whole life, his whole life of obedience, that saved us. Saves us. They say how you live is how you die. There's nothing dramatically different between Jesus on the cross and Jesus doing anything else in his life. It was all for love .... he loved us unto death, but he loved us all the time.

**********

2 Comments:

Anonymous Dyan said...

I hadn't thought of it quite like that before! Jesus is so wonderful!

9:17 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Dyan :)

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home