My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, November 29, 2009

The language of the birds


- Language of the Birds by Suzanne Scherer and Pavel Ouporov

I've just been outside leaving acorns for the blue jays. The one that was born here last summer seems to like me. He lands by the acorns and looks at me, and bobs up and down, and then starts muttering - a low musical blend of soft tweets and chirps. It's not a song. I think he's talking to me. It's probably a measure of how much I miss Kermit that I'm talking to the birds, but atill it reminds me of that movie, The Librarian: Quest for the Spear, in which the librarian must decipher the language of the birds to save the world. As Wikipedia states ... In mythology, medieval literature and occultism, the language of the birds is postulated as a mystical, perfect or divine language, or a mythical or magical language used by birds to communicate with the initiated.

Anyway, here below is a neat TED video of hacker and writer Joshua Klein on the amazing intelligence of crows, birds in the same Corvidae family as jays .....




2 Comments:

Anonymous Dyan said...

Very cool! Thanks Crystal!

10:30 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

:)

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home