My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Jesus as a sign

Saw two posts that are more or less about communion/the eucharist. One is at Pray Tell - Teaching Liturgy: Where Do I Begin? (part III), and the other is at Inhabitatio Dei. - The End of Ecumenism. The comments to both posts are really interesting.

The posts took me back to my RCIA days. I remember really nothing at all about what I was taught on the eucharist ... all I can recall is someone telling me not to chew the host :) It wasn't until I started blogging that I learned that there were differences of opinion not only between Protestants and Catholics on what communion was about, but also among Protestants and among Catholics as well.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Victor said...

Crystal! I'm sorry but about 95% of my cells are scared to click on those two links that you provided because they say that in doing so, "IT" might UP SET those 5% cells of mine who are really crazy they say because they honestly believe that The Host truly represents "The Body" of Christ and they are prepared to die to prove that "IT" is true.

Personally speaking 95% of my cells who are still living don't really know Bout "IT" cause they think that good and bad are all the same so I'll just keep "IT" that way for the time being and pray instead. After all Jesus died for "IT" also, did He not and besides, the last think I want to do during Lent is set "IT" off if you know what I mean? :)

Does that make any sense?

God Bless Peace

10:58 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Yes, I think I knw - there are lots of things I don't want to look into myself :)

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home