My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Steve Jobs - RIP

I'm sorry to see that Steve Jobs has died ... Jobs's Death Follows Eight-Year Health Fight After Rare Cancer. I didn't know him, of course, but I felt a connection to him, maybe because he grew up around where I did, because all my computers have been macs, and because of a movie I saw about him once - Pirates of Silicon Valley ....

Pirates of Silicon Valley is a 1999 film based on the book Fire in the Valley: The Making of The Personal Computer by Paul Freiberger and Michael Swaine. It is a made-for-television docudrama written and directed by Martyn Burke which documents the rise of the home computer (personal computer) through the rivalry between Apple Computer and Microsoft. The film stars Anthony Michael Hall as Bill Gates and Noah Wyle as Steve Jobs.

Here's a video of a really interesting speech he gave at Stanford University in 2005 in which he talks about life and death and what's important ....




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home