My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, March 01, 2013

Fringe



My latest DVD rental isn't a movie but the tv series Fringe ...

The series follows Olivia Dunham (Anna Torv), Peter Bishop (Joshua Jackson), and Walter Bishop (John Noble), members of a Federal Bureau of Investigation "Fringe Division" team based in Boston, Massachusetts under the supervision of Homeland Security. The team uses "fringe" science and FBI investigative techniques to investigate a series of unexplained, often ghastly occurrences, which are related to mysteries surrounding a parallel universe.

I've just seen the first couple of episodes but I like it - it's kind of like The X-Files, but sadly without David Duchovny. It's set in Boston and one of the characters has a science lab in the basement of Harvard U. In episode 2, they visited Boston College, and I kept wondering if any Jesuits would appear :) The parallel universe angle hasn't come up yet but I'm looking forward to it ... remember what Keith Ward had to say about the mulitverse? Another thing I'm looking forward to: haven't seen him yet, but Leonard Nimoy portrays one of the main characters in the series. My only worry is that animal experimentation may be part of the show - ick.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home