My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Star Trek on meat

In the news: Google's Brin funds $332K lab-grown beef hamburger, looks to make meat a sustainable resource ...



I don't doubt meat will eventually be artificially made and made well enough to pass for the original. What I wonder is if people will eat it. I'm a vegetarian and I wouldn't eat real or artificial meat, but I know people who would feel almost cheated if a living animal wasn't killed to provide their meal. It's a cultural thing and I hope we eventually get over it, for the sake of animals and for the sake of our environment as well. If Star Trek is any indication, maybe we will :) ...



Read more at Oxford U's Practical Ethics blog - Press Release: Ethical Meat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home