My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, October 26, 2013

May God stand ...

between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk

An interesting episode of Babylon 5 tonight: Ivanova and Marcus are sent to spy on the spider-like Shadows and Sheridan blesses them with the Egyptian saying above ....



A big battle ensues ...



After which, Delenn tells Sheridan, the two of them will spend the night together. She says, "When Minbari become close as we have become close, it is tradition that they spend three nights together. The man sleeps and the female watches ... During the day, we all put on the face we think will do us the most good. But at a certain point in your sleep, as you relax, your true face is revealed. If the female approves of his true face, she will stay two more nights and continue to observe." ...



And Doctor Franklin, almost killed during his walkabout, tells Sheridan of the insight he gained ...

Franklin: I realized that I always defined myself in terms of what I wasn't. I wasn't a good soldier, like my father. I wasn't ... the job. I wasn't a good prospect for marriage or kids. Always what I wasn't, never what I was. But when you do that, you miss the moments. And the moments are all we've got. When I thought I was going to die, even after everything, I realized I didn't want to let go. I was willing to do it all over again and this time I could appreciate the moments. I can't go back, but I can appreciate what I have right now, and I can define myself by what I am, instead of what I'm not."
Sheridan: "And what are you?"
Franklin: "Alive. Everything else is negotiable."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home