My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, September 14, 2015

Stephen Colbert: women priests

Stephen Colbert on Salt and Light recalls, towards the end of the interview, that one of the times that the eucharrist was the most real to him was when a woman presided. He says "When I heard a woman say 'this is my body' ... the freshness of hearing a woman say that gave the message a universality that it always should have" but then he goes on to mitigate this by saying that a woman isn't a priest to him. Depressing how acceptable sexism is in the Catholic church.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Thank you! I was looking to see if someone else had seen that too. I was not impressed by Mr. Colbert and I hope progressives in the Church don't use his pitiful statement as a sign of support.

11:16 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Yes, I think we're so beaten down on this subject that even an off-hand positive mention of a female Anglican priest can seem hopeful to many people.

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home