My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, March 24, 2016

The Last Supper

Here are some movie versions of the last supper ...

- I especially like this version from The Gospel of John ... it includes Mary M at the dinner table, plus the foot washing scene ...



- And here's the version from Jesus of Nazareth. It seems very grim to me, and the music doesn't help ...



- Here is the scene from The Passion of the Christ. It has a brief foot washing bit too, though it's not shown in this clip. And while the film has subtitles,, this scene seemed really touching to me ....



- I do also like this version from the miniseries Jesus too. See, he says "this is my body, rake, eat" but not "this is my body, take, put it in a monstrance, and adore it" ;) ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home