My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, February 24, 2018

What I've been reading

I've been reading novels from a 25 book series based on the science fiction tv show Stargate SG-1. I really liked the tv series - I actually own all ten years of it - so it was great to find that my public library has the book series in kindle form. I've read two of them so far, not in order, and both have been good.

For those not familiar with the tv series, it was based on a 1894 science fiction film, Stargate. The tv series ...

Stargate SG-1 begins about a year after the events of the feature film, when the United States government learns that an ancient alien device called the Stargate can access a network of such devices on a multitude of planets. SG-1 is an elite United States Air Force special operations team, one of about 20 teams from Earth who explore the galaxy and defend against alien threats such as the Goa'uld, the Replicators and the Ori. The series draws primarily upon Egyptian mythology, Greek mythology, Norse mythology and Arthurian legend.

The series was a ratings success for its first-run broadcasters and in syndication and was particularly popular in Europe and Australia. Stargate SG-1 was honored with numerous awards and award nominations in its ten-season run. It also spawned the animated television series Stargate Infinity, the live-action spin-off TV series Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe and the direct-to-DVD films Stargate: The Ark of Truth and Stargate: Continuum.


I began watching the show in the first place because the main character was Richard Dean Anderson (MacGyver) but I came to like all the characters, including when they added Ben Browder of the Australian science fiction tv show Farscape. Then I watched Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe too, but Stargate SG-1 is still the best :)


2 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

My daughter has become a fan...so were working our way through a decade of seasons past and inevitable spin-offs. Fun!!

12:59 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Fun to have someone to enjoy it with :)

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home